Pain is probably the most common reason to seek medical assistance. It is unlike any other sensation, and cannot be measured like blood pressure or pulse. For the pain sufferer it is a total experience that cannot be objectively measured.
This course explores how aromatherapy and essential oils can affect the way we experience and control pain. In-depth and invaluable for those working with people in pain, the course explores different essential oil blends and application techniques that have been used in hospital and hospice settings with the approval of medical consultants.
This one day course will look at:
- the different types of pain,
- the essential oils that are most efficient to help pain
- chemical blending for a more effective blend
- the selection of carrier oils to enhance your treatment
- the massage techniques that can be used
Various application techniques are explored during this informative and practical day, with opportunity to discuss and share your own experience as a therapist.
Pre-requisite – An Aromatherapy Diploma