The PPA Reflexology Diploma is accredited by the FHT.
To secure the practical and theoretical skills learned during the course, homework may be given to assist the students during the evenings of the course.
Students will need to have recognised qualifications in Anatomy and Physiology, First Aid and Business Studies (all available at PPA).
*This course is currently unavailable*
The Penny Price Reflexology Diploma includes:
• History of reflexology
• How does reflexology work
• Foot disorders
• The reflexology treatment
• After care
• Anatomy and Physiology of the foot
• Reflexology techniques for pregnant women
• Reflexology of the ear and hand
• Revision and supplementation of reflexology notes
• Zones and cross-reflexes
• Reactions to treatment
• Questions for assessment purposes
• Medical liaison and referral
• Common ailments and treatment
• Codes of ethics and practice
• Health and safety in practice
• Case taking and reflective practice
• Home treatment advice
• Pathology of common ailments
• Pathology of the feet and hands
The course is accredited by the FHT.
Comprehensive course notes and handouts are given out for each module. Treatment couches, foot sprays, and other products used during the course are provided. Textbooks, accommodation and food are not included in the fees. 100 hours of case studies are to be completed along with an in-house exam. Please contact the Academy for details.
The course is assessed by 40 case studies, practical treatments and a final exam which includes practical and written assessment at the cost of £100.00.
See what the modules include
Module 1 studies:
- What is Reflexology?
- The history of reflexology and how it has developed as a treatment
- How does Reflexology work and how can it help?
- Contra-indications to Reflexology
- Reactions to reflexology
- The benefits of Reflexology
- Anatomy & Physiology of the foot
- The reflexology treatment:
- The treatment sequence part one- the plantar view
- Zones and cross Reflexes
- Case study guidance (10 case studies, and 8 practice treatments)
Module 2 studies:
- Codes of ethics and practice
- Health and Safety in practice
- Pathology of common ailments of the feet
- Medical liaison and referral
- The Reflexology treatment:
- The treatment sequence part two- the dorsal view
- Keeping client records
- Working with hands
- Anatomy and physiology of the hand
- Nail conditions
- Hand and skin conditions
- The hand Reflexology treatment
- Case study guidance (20 case studies and 7 practice treatments)
Module 3 studies:
- Reflexology in pregnancy
- Ear Reflexology
- Revision and practice of Reflexology
- Working as a reflexologist
- Final Practical and written assessment
- Homework: 10 case studies and 8 practical treatments
Module 4 studies:
- Business Studies
- First Aid
- Exam. both practical and theory
Throughout the course students will carry out 5 observed and assessed treatments. In addition to this students will be required to complete 40 case studies in their own time, providing evidence in written form.
- As well as case study treatments, a further 15 practice treatments are required in students own time, providing written evidence of this.
- Homework will be set for each module, to be completed and submitted before the next module. This will require a minimum of 14 hours of study per module.
- To allow plenty of time for completion of homework and case studies between modules, there will be three months between each module.
- There will be a practical and written assessment at the end of the course.
- Guided learning hours (112) are inclusive of 84 hours in class and 28 hours of study time for homework.
- A 2 hour practical exam and 1 hour theory exam will complete the course
Our next Reflexology Exam is TBC
You can select any single module/s or the whole diploma course from this dropdown box here. Your selection can still be amended at checkout too.
Our latest courses
- Reflexology Diploma £400 exc.VAT
- Respiratory Conditions and Aromatherapy Treatments (Distance Learning) £100 exc.VAT
- Pain Management (Distance Learning) £100 exc.VAT
- Carrier Oils – Properties and Uses Course £100 exc.VAT
- Hydrolats – Their Properties and Uses £100 exc.VAT
- Indian Head Massage £200 exc.VAT
Register with us
Penny Price Aromatherapy
Leicestershire LE10 3BE
Tel: 0844 8844 966 or 01455 458099
Fax: 01455 610313
Registered in England 04772603