The course will cover:
The Upper Respiratory Tract:
- Nose (nostrils) – the entrance of the respiratory tract.
- Pharynx – situated behind the mouth and is the passage to the stomach and the lungs.
- Larynx – present at the top of trachea and contains vocal cords. It is also known as the voice box.
- Trachea (windpipe) – a tube like structure that helps in passage of air from larynx to the bronchi.
The Lower Respiratory Tract:
- Bronchi (bronchioles) – the branches of the bronchi that conduct air into the lungs.
- Alveoli (air sacs) – sacs in the lungs where gas exchange occurs.
- Lungs – two inverted-cone shaped organs present in the chest of human beings